Week 3: http://www.byuicomm.net/
- Reading through some of the stories the realization that multiple sources are necessary was a good confirmation to me about the importance of verifying data.
- Being current and interactive with your website seems like a good tactic for making people feel connected.
- Combining media forms seems effective for reaching multiple audiences. For example if there is an article and a video, I personally would rather watch the video, and then read the article.
- Staying up to date and current with my information is key.
- It is important to have a nice layout.
Class Notes: 10/09/14
Presenter: Brother Mawlam
Focus: Video Publication and Broadcast Journalism
- Professional Hazards are a real problem.
- Many jobs exist in places such as Broadcast stations, Video production companies, government videos, ad agencies, P.R. Firms, etc.
- Tailor your content to your audience.
- Keep the interest in tact
- Multitasking is key
If going into a communication career is something I truly want to do, I will have to learn to multitask. As Brother Mawlam stated, one person has to do multiple people’s jobs. You can’t be a video producer without being able to write. You can’t be a broadcast journalist without being able to operate a camera. You have to have a bag full of ticks, but without being tricky. You have to actually know how to do many things.